How to Register for TANCET 2020?February 21, 2020
What is TANCET?
TANCET or Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Exam is a state-level examination that is held each year for students who wish to enrol into courses such as MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M. Arch, etc. The students who successfully clear this exam are eligible to apply to government and private institutions for the various courses. The TANCET exam registrations began on 7th January 2020 with the availability of the online application form.
In order to apply for TANCET 2020, the students must fulfil a few eligibility criteria without they will not be allowed for TANCET exam registrations. These criteria include:
- Candidates must score a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation and 45% for candidates of reserved category
- Candidates who wish to apply for MBA programmes must have completed their graduation of a minimum of 3-year duration
- For admission to the MCA programmes, the candidate must have taken Mathematics during the graduation and/or at 10+2 level
- Candidates who have completed B.E/ B. Tech/B. Arch can also apply to TANCET 2020
- Candidates who have completed 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 year diploma awarded by State Board of Technical Education can also appear for TANCET 2020
For TANCET 2020 registrations and appearing for the exam, the candidates need to keep track of a few important dates:
Availability of application form online: 7th January 2020
Last date of filing the application form online: 4th February 2020
Admit Card Issue Date: 13th February 2020
Date of Exam: 29th February- MBA and MCA
1st March for M.E, M. Tech, M. Arch, M. Plan
Result Declaration – 20th March 2020
Counselling – April/May
How to Register For TANCET 2020
For TANCET 2020 registration online, the candidates need to login to visit the official website of Anna University at https://www.annauniv.edu/
- The candidates need to click on the online registration link.
- On doing so, the online registration form opens up, and the candidates need to fill in the required details like Name, email address, phone number, and date of birth.
- After filling in the above details, click on ‘submit’.
- This submission generates a user id for the candidate and password.
- The candidate can now use this username and password to login to fill the complete application form.
- Candidates are provided with certain instructions that they must read before going ahead to fill the application form.
- Once the application form appears, the candidates are required to fill their details such as name, date of birth, gender SSLC registration number, year of passing 10+2, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, nationality, and the course they are applying for.
- After filling these details, the students are required to upload a scanned or digital photograph and a digital signature in the JPEG format. The image sizes should be between 20-30 kb only.
- After all these essential details have been filled, the candidates need to pay the application fee for the TANCET 2020 exam.
- The candidate can check all the details they have filled before submitting the form. They also get a confirmation receipt for the application fees that were paid (INR 600 for General category and INR 300 for reserved category for one programme).
Once the candidate has completed his/her TANCET 2020 registration, the admit card for the candidates will be available on the 13th February 2020. The candidates can download the admit card from the official website of Anna University.
Check all details of TANCET exam like dates, application form, eligibility, and syllabus, admit card, results, pattern, preparation tips, question papers, and more at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/tancet-exam